Auditions & Workshops
The Arts & Learning Conservatory workshops empower participants to audition for any musical theatre opportunity with confidence by strengthening techniques in acting, scene study, character breakdown and cold reads. Participants will learn performance readiness skills, by practicing the process and understanding the vocabulary of a theatre audition. Our theater professionals help aspiring performers gain self-confidence by giving participants the tools they need for success, including what to expect in an audition, how to connect with material, and how to understand and take direction.
Please note: this is NOT an audition, but is a workshop to give tips for the musical and how to audition.
The Arts & Learning Conservatory auditions are exciting, challenging, but most importantly, fun! Participants are asked to sing a prepared song, act using provided sides, and learn a dance number, so that our team knows how to use your skills best! We highly suggest interested students join us for the Audition Workshops to help prepare for the official audition. All students are cast.
Casting: Ages 9-18
Dates of show: March 22-24
Required Parent Meeting: Saturday, January 12, 9:00 am-9:20 am
Student Audition: Saturday, January 12, 9:00 am-1:00 pm.
Tuition & Fees:
- Participation fee is $425 for each cast member
- All cast members must be a registered student at the Arts & Learning Conservatory for the 2018-2019 Season by the day of the audition with the following completed in advance
- Payment plans and limited scholarships are available – please contact ALC at email@example.com request an application. Don’t let money stand in your way of joining the cast of this exciting musical – let’s talk!
What to Bring ~
- Singing: Come prepared with a song, along with a track to play Or sheet music. It is suggested to select a song that is in a similar style to the musical (Pop-Musical). Acapella is not allowed.
- Acting: You may be asked to do cold reads from the script. The characters have a variety of voices and accents, you are encouraged to experiment and have fun at auditions.
- Dancing: You will be asked about your dancing experience and taught a dance at the audition.
Company members are expected to:
- Be kind and respectful to everyone involved.
- Respect the rehearsal and performance space.
- Take special note of the cell phone policy—No phones at rehearsal.
- Take the show SERIOUSLY!
- Attend all rehearsals that their part requires, though not all actors will be called at every rehearsal.
- Meet all deadlines including lines, songs, choreography, costumes and paperwork.
Performers are asked to bring a printed Headshot and a completed A&L Audition Form
Use the link below for more information.