Auditions are a prerequisite for participating in any of our productions, and are for casting purposes. A placement audition will take place at the beginning of each production; our philosophy is to see that all enrolled students are cast in the production, however PLEASE NOTE that sometimes cast size is limited, therefore enrollments may sometimes be capped.
Beauty is in the eye of the ogre in Shrek The Musical JR., based on the Oscar-winning DreamWorks Animation film and fantastic Broadway musical. It's a "big bright beautiful world" as everyone's favorite ogre, Shrek, leads a cast of fairytale misfits on an adventure to rescue a princess and find true acceptance. Part romance and part twisted fairy tale, Shrek JR. is an irreverently fun show with a powerful message for the whole family.
151 Kalmus Drive
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Saturday, June 10th, 9am-12pm
Friday 7pm, and Saturday 2pm, 7pm
Please no conflicts on Performance Dates
* June 12-23: Mon & Thursday 6-8pm
* June 26-July 14: Mon-Fri 9am-12pm
* Prepare 1 minute of a contemporary musical theatre song for the primary audition.
* No a cappella auditions.
* Please also wear or bring comfortable dance attire, as all auditionees will be required to learn a short dance/movement combination; there will also be cold reading from the script.
* All those auditioning are encouraged to bring a headshot attached to your audition form when registering for auditions.
* Please bring a list of all potential conflicts including travel, etc. Any conflicts with the posted schedule must be discussed with the Directors before casting can be confirmed.
* “Open Call” auditions. Roles for everyone!
All who are enrolled will be cast in the production.
HAIRSPRAY, winner of eight Tony Awards, including Best Musical, is a family-friendly musical, piled bouffant-high with laughter, romance and fun tuneful songs. It's 1962 in Baltimore, and the lovable plus-size teen, Tracy Turnblad, has only one desire – to dance on the popular "Corny Collins Show". When her dream comes true, Tracy is transformed from social outcast to sudden star. But can she convince the show to embrace dance-party equality and integrate a TV network? Boundaries of race and body size are about to get a big jolt!!
Audition Date: Saturday, August 26th 2017
Audition Time: 9am-1pm
Location: 151 Kalmus Drive, Suite G-3 Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Rehearsal Dates: August 31 - Mid November (Performance dates TBA)
Rehearsal Times: Monday & Thursday 6-8pm (as called), Saturday: 9 am-12pm
Tech Rehearsal: November (Dates TBA)
Shows: Mid November (Dates TBA)
Production Location: TBA
Audition attendance required for Saturday morning, 9am, August 26th. Callbacks will be on Monday August 28th, at 6pm. Based on the auditions, the directors will determine who they wish to keep for script readings after the Dance & Vocal Audition. Callbacks, if needed, will take place on the Monday following the initial audition date.
* Sing best 16 bars of Broadway song, or popular song from the 60's. Must have sheet music and or accompaniment music(that is cued). Accompanist provided.
* It is imperative that you come prepared to "act" this number. This will impact our selection of those who will be allowed to read for roles.
* All will participate in basic movement audition
* Teens (+ Velma & Motormouth) will remain for more extensive dance audition. Wear appropriate footwear and come dressed to move.
Sides (script excerpts for audition) will be available soon.
* Character Descriptions are available here: Character Descriptions
Auditionees will be required to fill out an audition form online which includes:
* ALL conflicts during the rehearsal period
* contact information
* previous theater experience
Rehearsal commitment will include 1-2 weeknights per week (M/Th as called) and Saturdays. All must guarantee no conflicts in final rehearsal period and no conflicts for ALL performances.
* A Tentative, detailed rehearsal schedule will be posted online at a later date.
For more information, call 714.728.7100 or email email@example.com
Early Bird Rate: $395 (Until Aug 1st)