Auditions are a prerequisite for participating in any of our productions, and are for casting purposes. A placement audition will take place at the beginning of each production; our philosophy is to see that all enrolled students are cast in the production, however PLEASE NOTE that sometimes cast size is limited, therefore enrollments may sometimes be capped.
Beauty is in the eye of the ogre in Shrek The Musical JR., based on the Oscar-winning DreamWorks Animation film and fantastic Broadway musical. It’s a “big bright beautiful world” as everyone’s favorite ogre, Shrek, leads a cast of fairytale misfits on an adventure to rescue a princess and find true acceptance. Part romance and part twisted fairy tale, Shrek JR. is an irreverently fun show with a powerful message for the whole family.
151 Kalmus Drive
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Saturday, June 10th, 9am-12pm
Friday 7pm, and Saturday 2pm, 7pm
Please no conflicts on Performance Dates
* June 12-23: Mon & Thursday 6-8pm
* June 26-July 13: Mon-Fri 9am-12pm
* Prepare 1 minute of a contemporary musical theatre song for the primary audition.
* Bring sheet music in your key; an accompanist will be provided.
* A CD with an accompaniment-only track is also acceptable, provided it is edited and cued correctly.
* No a cappella auditions.
* Please also wear or bring comfortable dance attire, as all auditionees will be required to learn a short dance/movement combination; there will also be cold reading from the script.
* All those auditioning are encouraged to bring a headshot attached to your audition form when registering for auditions.
* Please bring a list of all potential conflicts including travel, etc. Any conflicts with the posted schedule must be discussed with the Directors before casting can be confirmed.
* “Open Call” auditions. Roles for everyone!
All who are enrolled will be cast in the production.