HAIRSPRAY, winner of eight Tony Awards, including Best Musical, is a family-friendly musical, piled bouffant-high with laughter, romance and fun tuneful songs. It’s 1962 in Baltimore, and the lovable plus-size teen, Tracy Turnblad, has only one desire – to dance on the popular “Corny Collins Show”. When her dream comes true, Tracy is transformed from social outcast to sudden star. But can she convince the show to embrace dance-party equality and integrate a TV network? Boundaries of race and body size are about to get a big jolt!!
151 Kalmus Drive
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Saturday, August 26th, 9am-1pm
Mid-November – TBA
Please no conflicts on Performance Dates
- August 31st – Mid-November: Mon & Thursday 6-8pm (as called), Saturday 9am-12pm
- Prepare 1 minute of a contemporary musical theatre song for the primary audition.
- No a cappella auditions.
- Please also wear or bring comfortable dance attire, as all auditionees will be required to learn a short dance/movement combination; there will also be cold reading from the script.
- All those auditioning must fill out the Audition Form on this page and upload a headshot when registering for auditions.
- Please be sure to list of all potential conflicts including travel, etc. (A space is provided in the Audition Form). Any conflicts with the posted schedule must be discussed with the Directors before casting can be confirmed.
- “Open Call” auditions. Roles for everyone
Based on the auditions, the directors will determine who they wish to keep for script readings after the Dance & Vocal Audition. Callbacks, if needed, will take place on the Monday following the initial audition date.
- Sing best 16 bars of Broadway song, or popular song from the 60’s. Must have sheet music and or accompaniment music(that is cued). Accompanist provided.
- It is imperative that you come prepared to “act” this number. This will impact our selection of those who will be allowed to read for roles.
- All will participate in basic movement audition
- Teens (+ Velma & Motormouth) will remain for more extensive dance audition. Wear appropriate footwear and come dressed to move.
Sides (script excerpts for audition) will be available soon.
All must guarantee no conflicts in final rehearsal period and no conflicts for ALL performances.
For more information, call 714.728.7100 or email email@example.com
Early Bird Rate: $395 (Until Aug 1st)
All who are enrolled will be cast in the production.